Top 3 Benefits of Cloud Computing for Large Enterprises

Cloud platforms have become essential for virtually all businesses today. As businesses shift to digital platforms and utilize remote collaboration, cloud platforms become even more important for business operations.

According to IDG’s 2020 Cloud Computing Executive Summary, approximately 92% of organizations already have IT environments in the cloud. If you are still among the remaining 8% who have yet to deploy cloud solutions, here are some reasons why you should already be implementing cloud computing for your business organization.


3 Benefits of Cloud Computing

1. Cost efficiency

Some enterprises are reluctant to switch to cloud computing due to the initial cost of implementing a cloud-based server. However, in the long run, it actually leads to lower costs and higher returns.

In a survey sponsored by the Accenture AWS Business Group, 45% of the respondents indicated lower infrastructure and storage costs and 27% eliminated compliance and legal fees. Industrial data in a GVR report also suggests that enterprises can decrease operational costs by approximately 35% by deploying cloud services.

For one, cloud computing minimizes the time and money addressing downtime issues since it has almost no downtime at all. It also requires fewer expenditures than internal servers since you don’t need to spend on costly equipment, facilities, and utilities. You merely pay for the exact amount of storage, software, and applications you need.


2. Increased productivity

Cloud computing enhances efficiency and fosters a collaborative environment. It streamlines processes and minimizes disruptions and interruptions.

The same Accenture AWS survey shows that 53% of businesses increased their operational efficiency when they implemented cloud solutions.

Your employees have access to information, full visibility on the work progress, and real-time updates on projects. They can access and share information seamlessly wherever they are. With increased efficiency and better collaboration, your overall productivity increases as well.


3. Better data control and security

As an enterprise grows, the number of documents and amount of data it stores increases. Numerous files are sent back and forth for various processes. With this increase in data, conflicts and complications arise.

Cloud computing prevents these from happening by enabling better data and document control. Your data is also kept in a more secure server since cloud providers enforce stringent security measures such as powerful firewalls, security protocols, and threat assessments.

Gartner even predicts that 95% of cloud security failures will be due to the fault of customers, not service providers.


Invest in Cloud Computing for Better Business Growth

Cloud computing budgets are on the rise with business organizations expected to allocate around a third of their IT budget for it. In fact, Statista reports that enterprises spent a total amount of approximately 253 billion US dollars in cloud computing services in 2020.

So, if you want to remain relevant in an increasingly competitive business landscape, make that investment and bolster your cloud solutions today.

Indeed, cloud computing is a cost-effective strategy that helps you benefit from sound IT infrastructure and the latest technology. Investing in it improves efficiency, enhances overall productivity, and ensures data security.

Ultimately, it all leads to higher revenues and business growth.